St. Rose Awards Nearly $317,000 in Grants
This is the 20th year St. Rose has made such funding available. Grant awardees received the funding at a luncheon held Thursday, January 10, at St. Rose Dominican Hospitals–Siena Campus.
“St. Rose has been committed to providing quality healthcare and supporting the communities of Henderson and Las Vegas for more than 65 years,” said Rod Davis, president/CEO, St. Rose Dominican Hospitals and Senior Vice President of Operations, Dignity Health Nevada. “Awarding these grants to other nonprofit, health-related organizations during these exceptionally tough economic times will enable us all to continue working toward improving the health and well being of those in our community.”
Community organization recipients included:
- Dr. Joel & Carol Bower School-Based Health Center: $50,000;
- The Shade Tree: $50,000;
- Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada: $50,000;
- Helping Kids Clinic: Health Access without Walls: $50,000;
- Easter Seals of Nevada: $40,000;
- Saint Therese Center: $35,000;
- Nevada Diabetes Association: $15,000;
- Lend A Hand of Boulder City, Senior Transportation Program: $13,000;
- Boys & Girls Club of Southern Nevada, Healthy Behaviors Program: $7,500;
- Poverello House: $6,343.
To be selected for a grant, an organization or program must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- address the greatest health needs of the community;
- emphasize prevention to addresses the underlying cause of health problems;
- contribute to a seamless continuum of care;
- build upon and mobilize existing services in the community; and
- engage diverse community stakeholders in implementation and oversight.
Publish date:Tuesday, January 22, 2013