Our patient-centered approach means that we always take time to talk to you, explain procedures, and answer questions. Find a St. Rose surgeon.
Surgery at St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
Some of the state's most experienced surgeons are right here at St. Rose Dominican hospitals. Our teams use highly advanced technology to perform a wide range of surgical procedures, including:
- Cardiac (heart)
- Cosmetic and reconstructive
- Hand and foot
- Upper GI (gastrointestinal)
Our low patient-nurse ratio means that you receive the personal attention and care you need, before, during, and after your procedure.
Advanced Surgical Technology
We designed our San Martin and Siena surgical facilities with the most sophisticated technology, enhancing our ability to provide the most effective procedure possible. In addition, we want to minimize your movement, so our procedure areas are right next to each other.
Surgical technology at St. Rose Dominican's San Martin and Siena Campuses include:
- High-definition laparoscopic towers. These towers are part of our commitment to minimally invasive surgery. We use the least invasive procedure possible, and the high-definition towers provide our surgeons with the capabilities and visualization they need to perform the surgery effectively. We can perform single-port laparoscopic surgery, which requires only a single incision.
- Hybrid suite. The hybrid operating room, or hybrid suite, at St. Rose Dominican's Siena Campus, combines the sophisticated imaging technology of a cardiac catheterization lab with a fully equipped operating room. This means that if we are performing a cardiac catheterization procedure and the need for surgery arises, we can perform it without delay or the need to transfer you to another room.
- Robotic surgical system. We use the da Vinci® Xi system, a robotic surgical system, to perform many types of procedures, including delicate, complex surgeries. Robotic surgery is less invasive and generally leads to a more precise procedure and a shorter recovery time. Learn more about robotic surgery at St. Rose Dominican.
- Post-anesthesia care unit. This unit is dedicated to caring for our postoperative patients.
- Central Sterile Processing Department. Your safety and health are our priorities. This department ensures the integrity and sterility of all of our equipment.
We offer surgical services at our St. Rose Dominican San Martín and Siena Campuses.
Laparoscopic and Endoscopic Procedures We Perform
St. Rose Dominican hospitals offers laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures, which are types of minimally invasive procedures.
- Laparoscopic procedures use several small incisions rather than a large one. Your surgeon inserts miniature instruments into the incisions to perform the surgery. Laparoscopic procedures include:
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder operation)
- Laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomies
Endoscopic procedures use a flexible scope. We insert the scope into an existing entryway, such as your mouth, in order to diagnose and even treat certain conditions. Endoscopic procedures include:
- Colonoscopy (examination of the colon)
- Gastroscopy (examination of the stomach)
- Bronchoscopy (examination of the lungs)
- PillCam capsule endoscopy (examination of the small bowel)
Same Day Surgery
You may be a candidate for same-day surgery if you do not require overnight postoperative care. This allows you to recover in the comfort of your own home. The teams at St. Rose Dominican perform same-day surgery at our San Martin and Siena Campuses. In addition, we perform outpatient surgery at our satellite centers:
- Durango Outpatient Surgery Center
8530 W Sunset Rd, Ste 100
Las Vegas, NV 89113
- Horizon Surgery Center
10561 Jeffreys St, Ste 130
Henderson, NV 89052
- Parkway Surgery Center & Rehabilitation Services (located in the Parkway Medical Plaza)
100 N Green Valley Pkwy, Ste 125
Henderson, NV 89074
(at Green Valley Parkway and I-215)
Find a St. Rose surgeon. For information, call us at (702) 616-4900.