The experienced cardiology team at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican hospitals provides you the heart care you need.
Whether you have already been diagnosed with a heart condition, want to know about heart screenings or have unexplained symptoms, we can help. The earlier we diagnose and treat heart conditions, the better your chances are for a healthy recovery. Find a St. Rose cardiologist.
Comprehensive Heart Services at St. Rose Dominican
The cardiology team at St. Rose Dominican provides the full spectrum of heart services, from heart screenings to diagnosis to complex surgical procedures. Our doctors perform hundreds of procedures every year. However, no matter how routine it is for us, we know it is not routine for you. We will discuss treatment options and answer any questions you have. We deliver excellent care with a compassionate touch.
Learn how to stay heart healthy with our preventive heart care and heart screenings.
Advanced Cardiac Technology at St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
At St. Rose Dominican, our team uses the latest cardiac technology to perform procedures. In addition, we strive to use the least invasive method possible to minimize your pain and shorten your recovery. We designed our catheterization labs, hybrid suites and operating rooms with the most sophisticated imaging and technology available.
Some of the advanced cardiac technology we use at St. Rose Dominican includes:
- 3-D echocardiogram, allowing doctors to see detailed, 3-D images of your heart and heart function
- Robotic-assisted mitral valve surgery, using the da Vinci® Xi Surgical Systems, robotic surgical systems
- CorMatrix® ECM Technology, which uses your body’s own cells to repair damaged heart tissue
- The Hybrid OR suite at St. Rose Dominican's Siena Campus, a room that combines the sophisticated imaging technology of a catheterization lab with a fully equipped cardiac operating room. This means that if we are performing a cardiac catheterization (a catheter-based procedure used to diagnose and treat certain heart conditions) and the need for surgery arises, we can perform it immediately
- Volcano s5I™ IVUS (intravascular ultrasound) Imaging System, an advanced imaging system that obtains detailed pictures of your vascular system
- Rhythmia Mapping System, a high resolution 3D mapping and navigation solution for those with complex heart issues. The system allows the physician to create a highly-detailed map of the patient's heart to help determine the precise location to be treated.
Cardiac Diagnostic Procedures We Perform
The first step to effective heart treatment is an accurate diagnosis. At St. Rose Dominican, we use the most sophisticated technology available to obtain a precise diagnosis. Then we create a personalized treatment plan. Learn more about heart conditions.
Diagnostic procedures we perform include:
- Angiogram (cardiac and peripheral)
- Ankle brachial index
- Cardiac catheterization
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG)
- Electrophysiology (EP) studies
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR)
- Stress tests
- Tilt table test
- Ultrasound (abdominal aortic and carotid duplex)
- Volcano s5I™ Imaging System
Cardiac Interventional and Surgical Procedures
Once we have accurately diagnosed your condition, we will discuss treatment options with you. We can manage certain heart conditions through medication and lifestyle changes. However, you may need a more invasive procedure. While the prospect of heart surgery may leave you feeling anxious, you can be confident that you are in experienced hands. The moment you enter a St. Rose Dominican hospital, our focus is on you, getting you better and back on your feet.
- Aortic aneurysm repair for abdominal and thoracic aneurysms
- Catheter ablation
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Inferior vena cava (IVC) filter
- Loop recorders
- Pacemaker, including MRI compatible
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure
- Radial artery access
- Stenting (carotid artery, coronary and peripheral)
- Thrombolysis (peripheral arterial and peripheral venous)
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Venous access
- Ventricular assist device (VAD)
- Aortic aneurysm repair (abdominal and thoracic)
- Atrial fibrillation ablation
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart valve surgery
- Minimally invasive Lariat™ cardiac procedure
- Minimally invasive valve surgery
- Peripheral bypass surgery
- Surgical aortic valve replacement (SAVR)
New procedures are constantly incorporated into the St. Rose cardiology programs, including:
- Radial Arterial Access Course - This "arterial access site" originates in the wrist rather than the groin (femoral artery access) for heart catheterizations or interventional procedures such as placing a stent. The patient is more comfortable, can sit up immediately following a procedure, and is able to walk sooner.
- Laser - The laser method approach vaporizes occlusive plaques and clots both in the heart and leg arterial systems.
- Orbital Arthrectomy - This unique procedures uses an orbital action to gently sand away plaque in the arterial system of the legs, which increases blood flow to the lower leg and foot.
Find a St. Rose cardiologist or call us at (702) 616-4900.