Mercy Gilbert’s skin to skin bonding program, Magical Moments, encourages mom and dad to bond with their newborns immediately after birth. The skin to skin bonding program establishes a warm, welcoming environment to greet their newborn, help them adjust to their new environment and fosters a connection for the new family.
What is skin to skin bonding?
Skin to skin bonding means your newborn is placed unclothed onto your chest against your skin, and under a blanket, helping baby feel safe and warm and maintain a healthy blood sugar.
Benefits of skin-to-skin bonding
- Soothes and comforts baby
- Stabilizes baby's temperature and vital signs
- Gives baby better oxygenation and blood sugar levels
- Stimulates milk production
- Causes your uterus to contract and bleed less
- Promotes feelings of closeness and protectiveness
- Provides the best opportunity to get breastfeeding off to a good start
- Provides a quiet time for your new family to connect
For more information about the Lund Family Birth Center and postpartum care at Mercy Gilbert we invite you to take a tour. To register, please call (480) 728-5414 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.