Any sports fan knows the best defense is often times the best offense. Your best defense for heart disease is prevention. Your risk for heart disease increases with age and/or if you have a close family member who had heart disease at an early age. Even if you are not living a healthy lifestyle now, it is not too late to start.
Take Charge of Your Heart Health:
- Don't smoke
- Exercise at least five times a week
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables and low fat foods to help maintain a healthy weight
- Get tested for diabetes or if you have diabetes keep it under control
- Know your cholesterol level and keep it under control
- Know your blood pressure and keep it under control
If you have any questions about heart disease prevention it is important to discuss them with your doctor.
Learn More About Heart Disease Prevention at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
We offer a variety of educational seminars through our Speaker's Bureau on heart disease prevention and treatments. To learn more about these programs, please call (480) 728-5414, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.