Pregnancy is an exciting and complicated time. It’s normal for you to feel scared, nervous, and excited — all at once. It’s also natural to have a lot of questions.
That’s why at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican, we offer a variety of classes on parenting, childbirth, and pregnancy in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV. Sign up for classes online or call (702) 616-4900. You can also find an OB who delivers at our Siena and San Martin hospitals and register to take a tour of our birthing centers.
Common Pregnancy Symptoms
A missed period is the most widely recognized pregnancy sign. Other early symptoms of pregnancy include:
- Increased urination
- Morning sickness
- Mood swings
- Nausea with or without vomiting
- Positive at-home pregnancy test
- Tender, swollen breasts
Services for Pregnant Women at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican
Each pregnancy is different. Some women may need additional care.
Complications or health problems that may occur during pregnancy include:
- Ectopic pregnancy, when a fertilized egg implants outside of the uterus
- Gestational diabetes, high blood sugar that could possibly harm the newborn or mother
- High-risk pregnancy, a condition where the child or mother are at risk for medical complications
- Preeclampsia, high blood pressure associated with pregnancy that usually goes away after birth
- Vaginal bleeding in pregnancy, a common complication that could signal a serious problem