Trusted Treatment for Car Accident Injuries in Las Vegas, NV
Car accidents are still a major cause of physical injury and death for Americans, even with all the improvements in vehicle safety. Almost 10 percent of all injury-related emergency room visits to are due to car accidents. About half of car accident injuries involve bruises, spinal injuries, and back and neck strains and sprains.
Use InQuicker, the Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican online waiting service, to select your estimated arrival time for car accident injuries in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV. Our Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus offers a Level III Trauma Unit for the most serious of injuries.
Causes of Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries are caused by high-energy trauma from impact. Causes of car accidents include:
- Driver error, which accounts for 94 percent of accidents.
- Vehicle problems with steering, brakes, or tires.
- Environmental conditions, including as road hazards, weather, slick roads, and sun glare.
Types of Car Accident Injuries Treated at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican
Our emergency rooms commonly treat car accident injuries, including:
- Bruises (contusions) with the skin intact
- Strains and sprains of the back, neck, and other parts of the body
- Fractures to the arms, legs, ribs, and pelvis
- Open wounds
- Spinal injuries
More than 70 percent of car accident injuries require an imaging exam, such as a CT scan or X-ray, to help your doctor decide on the right treatment for you.
Symptoms of Whiplash Injury & Other Car Accident Injuries
Symptoms of car accident injuries vary depending on the specific injury. Common symptoms can include:
- Swelling, pain, or bruising
- Stiff neck or other neck pain
- Pain, tingling, or numbness in an arm, leg, shoulder, or buttock
- Back pain including the lower back, rib cage, or shoulder blades
Preventing Car Accident Injuries
Seat belts are the most effective way to prevent car accident injuries. Seat belt use reduces car accident injuries and deaths by nearly half. Use a seat belt for every car trip, no matter how short. Use a child car seat for children who are shorter than 57 inches or are age 8 and under.
You can help prevent car accidents from happening by:
- Keeping your vehicle well maintained.
- Eliminating distracted driving by not engaging in activities that take your mind or eyes off the road, including texting.
- Designating a sober driver if alcohol use is involved.
Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican provides emergency services for car accident injuries in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.