Rely on Our Hospital Emergency Care Services in Las Vegas and Henderson, Nevada
Emergency services are crucial for people with serious and life-threatening illnesses and injuries. Our emergency medicine doctors at Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican's hospitals rapidly diagnose and treat sudden illnesses, pain, mental health conditions, injuries, and complications of chronic diseases. They also take care of patients with sudden onset symptoms likes aches and changes in breathing. Emergency services may be used to stabilize your condition, and follow-up tests and treatments may be required outside of the emergency room.
You can rely on our local emergency services in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV. Use our Emergency Care online check-in service and wait in the comfort of your own home.
Reasons for Emergency Medical Services
You or someone you are with may need emergency services for the following:
- Actual or suspected poisoning
- Allergies, including anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergic reaction
- Bone, joint, and muscle problems, including fractures, joint dislocations, sprains, and strains
- Endocrine diseases, including diabetes and adrenal crisis
- High fever and infections, including meningitis, sepsis, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection, pneumonia, mononucleosis, upper respiratory infection, flu, abscesses, and extreme cases of stomach flu
- Genitourinary and reproductive conditions, including kidney stones, miscarriage, vaginitis, testicular torsion, STDs, and pelvic inflammatory disease
- Heart and lung problems, including cardiac arrest, chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms, heart attack, heart failure, asthma, COPD, pulmonary embolism, and pulmonary edema
- Mental health conditions, including bipolar disorder, psychosis, drug overdose, anxiety, depression, and threats or attempts at suicide
- Neurological conditions, including stroke, TIA (transient ischemic attack), and severe headaches like migraines
- Possible child abuse and sexual assault, including evaluation, initial treatment, evidence collection, and notification of appropriate agencies
- Sudden onset symptoms, such as rapid breathing or severe aches and pain
- Trauma and injuries, including burns, eye injuries, major cuts, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, smoke inhalation, shock, and head injury
Explore Our Emergency Care Services at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican
Our emergency care includes:
- Airway stabilization, including intubation and mechanical ventilation for breathing
- Emergency surgery for injuries and medical conditions
- Fracture, sprain, and strain treatments, including realigning broken bones, splinting, and casting
- Heart treatments, including defibrillation and pacemaker implantation
- IV (intravenous) fluids and other medications, including blood transfusions, oxygen, tetanus shots, pain medications, antibiotics, corticosteroids, breathing treatments, and medications for heart attack.
- Important prescription refills for serious chronic diseases, such as seizures and diabetes
- Laceration and wound care, including stitches (suturing) and staples
- Mental health evaluation and treatment, including crisis intervention, involuntary mental health hold, medications, and referrals
- Trauma treatment, including thoracotomy to treat chest trauma, chest tube insertion to treat collapsed lung, and spinal immobilization to stabilize possible spinal fractures
- Ultrasonography to produce images of internal organs and other tissues
If you or someone you are with has an emergency, call 911 to receive immediate medical care. Our Siena Campus is a Level III Trauma Unit, so you can trust the quality of emergency services at our health system.
Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican provides a wide range of emergency services in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.