Total hip replacement (or hip arthroplasty) is surgery used to remove a damaged hip joint. The damaged joint is replaced with an artificial joint made of high-grade plastics, metal alloys, and other materials. This procedure can help you regain your full range of hip motion without pain or discomfort.
You may also need a total hip replacement if you have experienced hip joint damage from arthritis, injury, infection, or if you have any of the following:
- Hip pain at rest, which prevents you from sleeping
- A cane or walker to help you walk
- X-rays that show severe joint damage and loss of cartilage and bone
- Hip pain or stiffness that limits normal activities such as walking, bathing, or preparing meals
- Hip pain that hasn’t improved with anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, joint injections, or less invasive surgeries
At Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican hospitals, we offer expert care for patients undergoing total hip replacement in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV, and have been awarded Joint Commission Certifications for hip replacements. Learn more by using our Find a Doctor tool online or by calling (702) 616-4900.
What to Expect
During the total hip replacement, your surgeon will remove damaged cartilage and bone from your hip, replacing them with plastic or metal surfaces. During surgery, you will be given general anesthesia. Afterward, you will spend a few days in the hospital and undergo rehabilitation and physical therapy to improve your movement.
Total Hip Replacement Recovery in Las Vegas, NV
Following a total hip replacement, most people are able to perform daily tasks that they couldn’t before. Your care team at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican will help you learn how to adjust to your new hip. Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican hospitals provides complete care for total hip replacements in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.