Women’s health refers to a vast range of conditions that are unique to women, such as pregnancy and menopause, and general health conditions that affect more women than men, such as breast cancer, osteoporosis, and urinary tract infections. Women’s health experts also treat mental health concerns, including anxiety, postpartum depression, and anorexia nervosa.
For excellence in care, call (702) 616-4900 or Find a Doctor online who provides women’s health services at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican hospitals. Visit our hospital campuses at San Martín and Siena for complete women’s health in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.
Symptoms of Women’s Health Conditions
Conditions that affect women come with a wide variety of symptoms and warning signs. Symptoms depend on the location of the problem, the type, and personal factors, such as your age, medical history, and things that are unique to just you. Some conditions, such as breast cancer, may be detected through self-examination or a mammogram. In its early stages, ovarian cancer has no symptoms, but later on, may cause frequent urination, bloating, and constipation.
With regular checkups and visits with your doctor, you can stay on top of your health and have a better chance of lowering your risk of disease.
Causes of Women’s Health Conditions
As with any health problem or condition, the causes are varied and depend on the issue and factors unique to you as an individual. In some instances, the cause may be obvious. Pregnancy can cause gestational diabetes in some women; bacterial infections can cause urinary tract infections; and atherosclerosis may cause heart disease.
Treatment & Prevention at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
Our women’s care and outreach centers focus on the needs that you face throughout every stage of your life. When you meet with a doctor at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican, he or she can help you stay proactive about your health.
In addition to comprehensive medical care, we offer access to many support groups and health events for women across the state of Nevada.
- Fitness Classes — Enhance Fitness, Zumba Fitness, Zumba Gold, Walking Clubs, Gentle Yoga, Yoga for Beginners, Mixed Level Yoga, Take it Easy Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Tai Chi, Flex Fusion, Belly Dancing and more
- Nutrition Classes — Weight Management and Nutrition Consultations
- Wellness Classes — Healthier Living, AARP Smart Driver Program, Medicare ABCDs, Balancing Energy Fields, Relaxation Meditations, Communication through Sign Language, Tea and Talk Book Club, Knit to Heal Prayer Shawls, Senior Peer Counseling Fall Prevention Programs, and more
- Support Groups — AA for Women, Alzheimer’s Support, Bereavement Support, Breast Cancer Support, Diabetes Support, Fibromyalgia Friends, Widow's Support, and more.
- Health Events & Programs — Diabetes Management, Heart and Stroke Programs, Smoke-Free Programs, and Cancer Screenings and Support
To learn more about these classes, events, and groups, register online or call (702) 616-4900.
Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican hospitals offer complete women’s health in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.