At Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican, our stroke care program offers complete management for strokes. This includes treatment during the stroke itself and rehabilitation afterward. The members of your health care team may include a stroke care coordinator, neurologists, neurosurgeons, stroke nurses, therapists, and interventional radiologists.
For stroke care in Las Vegas or Henderson, NV that is catered to your needs, Find a Doctor at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican. All three campuses of our health system are Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Centers, so our treatment for the signs and symptoms of stroke is unmatched.
The Stroke Centers at Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
Stroke is a leading cause of death and disability in the United States and worldwide. The care of someone who is having or has had a stroke often requires an experienced health care team working together for the best outcomes. Stroke care meets the immediate and future needs of the patient, including stroke prevention.
Stroke care programs treat people with the following stroke-related conditions:
- Aneurysm: bulging of a blood vessel in the brain that can rupture and bleed
- AVM (arteriovenous malformation): a tangle of blood vessels in the brain
- Stroke: ischemic or hemorrhagic
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: bleeding into the space between the brain and its covering
- TIA: transient ischemic attack or “mini-stroke”
Stroke Care at St. Rose Dominican
Your stroke care will include:
- Stroke education for patients and caregivers
- Stroke rehabilitation assessments
- Clot-busting medicines and catheter-based procedures
- Anticoagulant therapy for ischemic stroke patients with atrial fibrillation or flutter
- Statin medications for patients with LDL, or “bad cholesterol”, of 100 mg/dL or greater
- Antithrombotic therapy for ischemic stroke patients
When it comes to stroke, time is crucial. Getting to the ER is the first step in stroke care. The next steps depend upon the type of stroke. Stroke care guidelines have very specific standards for the timing of stroke treatment.
Recovering in a stroke care program means personalized rehabilitation, with immediate support. The care continues even after you go home to help you return to normal life as soon as possible.
Dignity Health - St. Rose Dominican offers exceptional stroke treatment in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.