Great Beginnings Start With Us
Mercy Gilbert's Lund Family Birth Center includes:
Labor, Delivery and Recovery
Family Birth Center suites are generously sized and designed for your comfort and care during labor, delivery and recovery. Each suite features a multi-position birthing bed, private bathroom with a shower and state-of-the-art fetal monitoring system among other equipment necessary to provide quality care for you and your baby. We also have labor tubs available upon request. The "magical hour" that immediately follows the birth of your baby is time to bond with your baby and recover from birth.
Our nursery's certification allows us to care for non-critical care babies 32 weeks gestation and older. The Birthing Center has neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners to care for newborns requiring extra monitoring. Sometimes babies need unforeseen extra care immediately after birth. Our sister hospital Chandler Regional has a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) to care for sick or premature babies.
You and your baby will remain together as much as possible in your postpartum room after your recovery, as long as both of you are doing well. This promotes better bonding. Through the guidance of our skilled nurses and lactation consultants, you will learn to properly feed and care for your baby. If you had a healthy vaginal delivery, you can expect to take your baby home one to two days after birth.
Additional Birthing Center Features
- Surgical suites specially designed for birth via Cesarean section.
- Our Family Birth Center is a locked secure unit—matching armbands will be placed on you, your baby and your support person. Your baby will also wear an alarm activated ankle monitor.
- Lactation and breastfeeding support while at the Birthing Center and resources for when you go home.
- Private rooms with overnight sleeping accommodations for your support person.
- Free Wi-Fi available in the Lund Family Birth Center and throughout the hospital.
- Skylight TV network includes access to the Internet, video chat, games, movies, education videos. Resources to contact housekeeping and adjust room temperature from your TV are available.
- Naptime everyday to allow uninterrupted rest and bonding with your baby.
- Celebration afternoon tea and nutritious evening snack.
Learn More About Mercy Gilbert's Lund Family Birth Center
Take our free Birthing Center tour and come see all that we have to offer. For tour dates, times or additional information about our Lund Family Birth Center, please call (480) 728-5414.